A go to to a museum is a superb studying alternative. Sadly, we don’t all have native museums, and in-person discipline journeys nonetheless fall into the “it’s sophisticated” class. To bridge the hole, we labored with our mates on the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation to discover their unbelievable digital assortment and create this digital museum scavenger hunt. We expect your college students are going to find it irresistible!
How do I take advantage of the digital museum scavenger hunt?
Merely obtain the worksheet, print, and duplicate as many as you want. We advocate having college students work in pairs, and also you’ll want entry to computer systems, laptops, or tablets. Direct your college students to the Henry Ford’s Digital Collections. There are seven classes:
- Agriculture and the Surroundings
- Communications and Info Know-how
- Design and Making
- Social Transformation
- America’s Industrial Revolution
- Henry Ford
We’ve chosen an artifact from every of the seven classes. College students might want to scroll by way of the gathering to search out the artifact and reply a query about it. (Don’t fear—we’ve received you coated with a solution key.) Encourage them to click on round after they see one thing that pursuits them!
How can I prolong the educational?
This scavenger hunt is simply the tip of the iceberg on the subject of studying in regards to the innovation course of. When college students are completed with the scavenger hunt, you may attempt the next extension actions:
- Discover one other artifact and write a query for the category to reply.
- Ask college students to mirror on what they realized. Potential questions: How do you suppose every inventor got here up with their concept? What downside does every invention remedy for folks? What traits make somebody an innovator?
- Discover the actual innovation journey taken by every inventor featured within the scavenger hunt. Take into consideration the habits of innovators and actions of innovation.
Sure! I Need My Scavenger Hunt